Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SHA NAGBA IMURRU
OTEP Forum > OTEP > OTEP discussion
sOber
Sepsis is a fucking awesome song and so is otep.I've only recently discovered this band and i'm really impressed.Can anyone tell me what sha nagba imurru means?
Thanks.
Cornpico
next time, check the faq first. but to translate it means = "for the one who saw all"
oderint_dum_metuant
QUOTE(sOber @ Apr 30 2005, 10:55 AM)
Sepsis is a fucking awesome song and so is otep.I've only recently discovered this band and i'm really impressed.Can anyone tell me what sha nagba imurru means?
Thanks.
[right][snapback]181181[/snapback][/right]

I'm glad you have discovered the musings of OTEP...now you must experience a ritual, so you must attend a show.

There's a few translations I have read in books in the past for SHA NAGBA IMURRU...'the one who saw all' as Cornpico said, or also 'the one who experienced all'.

You will find that Otep uses alot of latin and symbolism in songs.
magick
QUOTE(oderint_dum_metuant @ Apr 30 2005, 12:32 PM)
I'm glad you have discovered the musings of OTEP...now you must experience a ritual, so you must attend a show.

There's a few translations I have read in books in the past for SHA NAGBA IMURRU...'the one who saw all' as Cornpico said, or also 'the one who experienced all'.

You will find that Otep uses alot of latin and symbolism in songs.
[right][snapback]181193[/snapback][/right]

'SHA NAGBA IMURU' is sumerian ... and its from the epic of gilgamesh ... which is quite a story.
StinkFace
for the one who saw all
BloodiedandBruised
"the one who saw/experienced all". i imagine there's a story behind them all.
oderint_dum_metuant
QUOTE(magick @ Apr 30 2005, 12:09 PM)
'SHA NAGBA IMURU' is sumerian ... and its from the epic of gilgamesh ... which is quite a story.
[right][snapback]181204[/snapback][/right]

049.gif YEs it is...I actually read it back when I was in school, though I do have to find time read it again.
Maarika
QUOTE(BloodiedandBruised @ Apr 30 2005, 11:05 PM)
"the one who saw/experienced all". i imagine there's a story behind them all.
[right][snapback]181255[/snapback][/right]

I'd like to know more about it, if anyone has some info.
But then again, if everything has a story behind it, it makes it so hard to understand the whole picture of the Art.
BloodiedandBruised
QUOTE(Shot To Pieces @ May 1 2005, 08:04 AM)
I'd like to know more about it, if anyone has some info.
But then again, if everything has a story behind it, it makes it so hard to understand the whole picture of the Art.
[right][snapback]181735[/snapback][/right]

if you are really that curious. i suggest maybe asking otep herself.
Sad Machine
I know, I know! The one who saw all!! 1074.gif
BloodiedandBruised
QUOTE(Sad Machine @ May 1 2005, 07:06 PM)
I know, I know! The one who saw all!!  1074.gif
[right][snapback]181949[/snapback][/right]

very good! appl.gif
AmyLeeOtepFan19
I would have been happy to tell you what it meant....but so many people have already beat me to it, and I don't just wanna be a nother one that tells you the same thing that has been stated like 10times already..... so.... I'm glad that you go to find out! hehe....
Welcome fellow SS4L!
sOber
thanks a lot.actually i had read the faq,but i just wanted to if there's more behind it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.